CNC Video Measuring System Veritas VM-500
Veritas delivers unbeatable accuracy and repeatability for even the toughest
measuring applications. Superb Nikon optics and up to six channels of computer-controlled
illumination deliver remarkable high contrast, high resolution video images.
Veritas detects edges, even blind holes, better than any other video system
on the market. Computerized 10:1 zoom ratio can be easily calibrated and
recalibrated right on site. Other features, including a 3-axis coordinate
measuring system, and an ultra-high precision stage, put Veritas in a class
by itself. Veritas is fully programmable, intuitive and easy to operate.
You can tailor the Windows-based, 100% user-definable software to meet all
your measuring needs, from the simplest to the most complex. The optional
laser autofocus dramatically improves focusing speed and repeatability. Choose
the model that suits your needs. The VM-500 can measure a part as large as
19.75" x 20.75" x 6".
An optional HMZ High Magnification Zoom Optical System combines Nikon
CF-I Epi-Plan high magnification objectives with Veritas 10:1 zoom lens to
deliver an incredible magnification range of 130x to 1300x. Ideal for samples
that have measurement tolerances ranging from 0.0001" to 0.100" on the same
part such as disk head components, medical device parts, and screw machine
An optional programmable tilting fiber illuminator allows the operator
to select easy detection of hard-to-image features, chambers, rounded edges,
and blind holes. Combined with its programmable intensity control and powerful
edge detection capabilities, this accessory allows Veritas to address the
most demanding application.
The Nikon VERITAS family of video-based metrology solutions combines an
unsurpassed optical system and precision staging with the measuring power
of Metronics Quadra-Chek QC5300NLS software. These two world-renowned leaders
in quality control and quality assurance have set a new standard in dimensional
inspection. Models VM-150, VM-250 and VM-500 share the same optics, CNC controller
and QC5300NLS Windows-based operating system. The following features define
a powerful metrology system solution.
- Incorporates world-renowned Nikon optics for superior image resolution.
- An optical system with a 10:1 zoom ratio and highly resolved magnifications
up to 2600X.
- Objectives with apertures of up to 2 inches are calibrated in 5 incremental
steps and are parfocal, parcentric and linear throughout their zoom range.
- Precision bearing staging with microstepper motor control and 0.4 micrometer
resolution linear encoder scales in X, Y, and Z axis.
- Externally ventilated 12V/100W tungsten halogen fiberoptic illuminators
ensure that no heat is transferred to the measuring platform.
- CNC on-axis profile and contour illumination are complemented by TTL
(through the lens) oblique illumination with up to six separate channels.
- A joystick/trackball with three user definable hot buttons provides
for coarse control and precision fine positioning in all three axis.
- An integrated CCD Camera acquires high resolution images for the video
image processing system and offers the choice of Black & White or Color
for the real time display.
- Dual 15" Color SVGA monitors allow simultaneous part and program viewing
in an ergonomic work area.
- QC5300NLS Windows-based software with mouse driven icons makes the
most complex measurements as easy as point and click.
- Proprietary FOV (Field of View) video edge detection tools include
single point, multipoint, line, circle/arc and a user definable "Magic Wand."
- Superior edge detection with sub-pixeling and video brightness and
contrast control allow even weak edges to be evaluated reliably and repeatedly.
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, Dynamic Data Exchange, CAD
Import/Export and Report Wizard custom report generator are fully supported.
- Image archiving supplements alphanumeric data storage for part characterization
and operator training.
- Optical, Mechanical and Electronic components are backed with a full
- Each installation is supported by an international network of NIKON/METRONICS
dealers, whose skilled staff of sales and service personnel are the envy
of the industry.
- Standard Features
- 20" x 21" x 6" Measuring Envelope (500mm x 530mm x 150mm).
- 10:1 Zoom Range from 27X to 270X.
- Programmable 5 Step Zoom.
- Programmable Illumination.
- Up to six channels of illumination including profile, contour and TTL
- CNC controller and illuminator supplies isolated from main body.
- 0.4 micrometer resolution Linear Encoder Scales.
- Programmable 3-axis joystick with integral precision trackball for
- Programmable Video brightness and contrast.
- Automatic Edge Detection.
- Windows 95 (or higher) operating system
- Quadra-Chek QC5300NLS Software (Metronics Inc.).
- Field of View Measuring.
- Multidatum Programs.
- Real Time Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE).
- Image archiving.
- Programmable Security Locks.
- Report Wizard custom report generator.
- CAD Import and Export (.DXF Format).
- B&W or Color Video.
For more information, call Capra at (508) 650-9700
- 2X Objective 54X to 540X.
- High Magnification Zoom Accessory (HMZ) up to 2600X.
- Programmable Oblique Tilting Fiber Illuminator (TFI 30).
- Programmable Rotary Indexer.
- Video Printer.
- SPC-PC IV Software (Quality America).
- Laser Autofocus.
Telephone: (508) 650-9700