CNC Video Measuring System Veritas VM-150
Watch your measuring productivity soar with the VERITAS Nikon VM-150 and
the specifically designed Quadra-Chek 5300NLS. The Nikon CNC Video measuring
system, the VERITAS, Model VM-150, enables operators to measure parts automatically.
At the heart of the VERITAS is the Nikon VM-150 main body, stage, and the
customized QC-5300NLS measuring software. The total system that's easy to
use yet powerful enough to handle your most advanced measuring applications.
|Windows-based system for easier, user-friendly operations.
|Programmable 10x zoom control with 5-step magnification.
|Versatile illumination techniques and video-based AF by program
|Multi-gray-level scale to determine edges.
|Greater throat depth for larger stages.
|Multitasking functionality, such as CAD interface and data export
The Nikon VERITAS family of video-based metrology solutions combines an
unsurpassed optical system and precision staging with the measuring power
of Metronics Quadra-Chek QC5300NLS software. These two world-renowned leaders
in quality control and quality assurance have set a new standard in dimensional
inspection. Models VM-150, VM-250 and VM-500 share the same optics, CNC
controller and QC5300NLS Windows-based operating system. The following features
define a powerful metrology system solution.
- Incorporates world-renowned Nikon optics for superior image resolution.
- An optical system with a 10:1 zoom ratio and highly resolved magnifications
up to 2600X.
- Objectives with apertures of up to 2 inches are calibrated in 5 incremental
steps and are parfocal, parcentric and linear throughout their zoom range.
- Precision bearing staging with microstepper motor control and 0.4
micrometer resolution linear encoder scales in X, Y, and Z axis.
- Externally ventilated 12V/100W tungsten halogen fiberoptic illuminators
ensure that no heat is transferred to the measuring platform.
- CNC on-axis profile and contour illumination are complemented by
TTL (through the lens) oblique illumination with up to six separate channels.
- A joystick/trackball with three user definable hot buttons provides
for coarse control and precision fine positioning in all three axis.
- An integrated CCD Camera acquires high resolution images for the
video image processing system and offers the choice of Black & White
or Color for the real time display.
- Dual 15" Color SVGA monitors allow simultaneous part and program
viewing in an ergonomic work area.
- QC5300NLS Windows-based software with mouse driven icons makes the
most complex measurements as easy as point and click.
- Proprietary FOV (Field of View) video edge detection tools include
single point, multipoint, line, circle/arc and a user definable "Magic Wand."
- Superior edge detection with sub-pixeling and video brightness and
contrast control allow even weak edges to be evaluated reliably and repeatedly.
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, Dynamic Data Exchange,
CAD Import/Export and Report Wizard custom report generator are fully supported.
- Image archiving supplements alphanumeric data storage for part characterization
and operator training.
- Optical, Mechanical and Electronic components are backed with a full
- Each installation is supported by an international network of NIKON/METRONICS
dealers, whose skilled staff of sales and service personnel are the envy
of the industry.
For more information, call Capra at (508) 650-9700
Click here for diagrams: | VM-150
| Screen Shot
- 6" x 6" x 6" Measuring Envelope (150mm x 150mm x 150mm).
- 10:1 Zoom Range from 27X to 270X.
- Programmable 5 Step Zoom.
- Programmable Illumination.
- Up to six channels of illumination including profile, contour and
- CNC controller and illuminator supplies isolated from main body.
- 0.4 micrometer resolution Linear Encoder Scales.
- Programmable 3-axis joystick with integral precision trackball for
- Programmable Video brightness and contrast.
- Automatic Edge Detection.
- Windows 95 (or higher) operating system.
- Pattern recognition
- 2D~2.5D~3D Measurements
- Quadra-Chek QC5300NLS Software (Metronics Inc.).
- Field of View Measuring.
- Multidatum Programs.
- Real-Time Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE).
- Image archiving.
- Programmable Security Locks.
- Report Wizard custom report generator.
- CAD Import and Export (.DXF Format).
- B&W or Color Video
Telephone: (508) 650-9700